TOO MANY ADS


On TV Sunday morning before noon I tuned in to the show, "Zombie Flipping", on the A&E network channel. It's an interesting show where a group of flippers buy horrible houses (they call them zombies) and renovate and flip them. I tuned in about halfway through the episode and first had to sit through a bunch of tv commercials. I noticed. I said to myself, "Wow, there's a LOT of tv ads. It's very intrusive and annoying". I vowed to find out how many ads viewers had to suffer through the next time the show took a break to run commercials. Soon the show stopped and the ads started.  On my fingers I counted the tv ads.

THERE WERE 12 F-ING TV ADS IN A ROW! 

Seriously? 12 tv ads in a row? More than 15 minutes in an hour? 25 f-ing percent of a TV show is ads? And the networks expect viewers to put up with that? And the dumbass TV execs don't know why TV viewership has declined so much in the past decade(s)?

I changed the channel. To a TV news channel. I let the tv play in the background while I wrote this rant. I am now considering no longer watching TV at all, due to too many ads. Or, in the case of streaming TV networks, lousy or old shows. If only Netflix and Hulu, which I subscribe to, had more new g-o-o-d TV shows instead of hundreds/thousands of ancient shows I've seen or new crappy shows I have no interest in seeing. Seriously.