Tech Fubar

June 2024

EVERYTHING TECH IS FUBAR!
F***ed Up Beyond All Repair
 
Fubar. I caused NONE of it. Here is what I am currently experiencing...

My custom url website is showing Not Secure in Chrome browser. My site is a Google blog with a custom url from Squarespace. My site was running fine and I did nothing to cause the Not Secure notice to occur when accessing the site via Chrome. Google has NO live or remote tech support and Squarespace has not responded to my problem for days and days. This is adversely affecting the worldwide humanitarian marketing campaign I have undertaken...to make the world a better place, with a digital download, the Happiness Download. And a website, www. HappinessDownload.com, which s-h-o-u-l-d be f-ing secure.

My Microsoft Outlook app is also f-ed up. My Sent email folders are suddenly showing emails sent from as long ago as 2011. That's 13 years of old emails I sent. Prior to that Microsoft spent 3 hours fixing another Outlook issue on my Windows 11 pc. Then later, the Sent email issue suddenly started, all by itself. WTF? And to add insult to injury, this is what I got when I tried to access Microsoft tech support: June 28, 2024. Access denied to "contact Microsoft" via the link at the bottom of their home page.

"You don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support?" on this server.

Reference #18.8af7d517.1719578331.1c75acd9

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.8af7d517.1719578331.1c75acd9"

I am signed in. I need tech support and there is no way to contact Microsoft online Chat? WTF? I PAY Microsoft every year for Microsoft 365!

I also cannot sign in to my AOL email account via their direct online url. I have had the AOL email account for like 25 years. AOL demanded a 2-step verification code which it finally sent to another of my email accounts then, when I entered the code, it did not recognize it and does not allow me to log in. WTF? I also had the code sent to me via text...and never received it.

I am not a techie. 

Or the equivalent of a software developer or software engineer. Tech "Help" sections or "bots" are useless. I do not speak "Tech". It is a foreign language to me. I need HUMAN, LIVE tech support with remote access capability. This basic is becoming more and more rare, even if you are a longtime customer. WTF?

Like I said, everything tech is fubar. Fucked Up Beyond All Repair. Little or nothing works properly. Or easily. And, these days, the tech industry either doesn't give a sh*t or assumes and expects that everyone is like them, a techie. And the tech industry, with few exceptions, forces everyone who uses their products or services to do all the complicated sh*t you need to do to accomplish anything online or on/in your computer themselves. That's true for cell phones too.  

To sum it up, technology is FUBAR. And the end result is...