where's our TV shows?


Once upon a time, TV shows in America usually had 22-24 weekly episodes in a season. Today, it is not unusual for a TV show to have a mere 10 weekly episodes in a season. That's 10 weeks a year. Out of 52. Sometimes, there are only 6 episodes. That sucks!

I get like 100+ channels from my cable TV provider and, all too often, especially from June to October, there's nothing offered but reruns (which if I have seen it, I will NOT see it again, I know what happens!) Or, if not reruns there's nothing worth watching, only stupid uninteresting shows. Plus, whenever there's a holiday, TV gives us repeats. 

No wonder I can't find something to watch when I turn on the TV, it's often repeats/reruns. Or really stupid shows I am not interested in watching.  Or, on my Spectrum On Demand TV service and TV apps, they often only allow me to see the latest (or the last 5) episodes of a show. What about the OTHER earlier episodes, like the beginning episodes which allows the viewer to get a sense of the development of the show? 

No, TV does not give a s*** about us, the viewers. Or, maybe TV execs are so stupid they don't think they have to listen to the viewers, the audience that generates advertising income for the TV networks.

Not to mention that many of the shows are lousy, uninteresting, stupid, badly written/produced and/or just plain suck. Don't get me started, I could list dozens of those!

Where's my TV shows? Where's OUR TV shows? Good TV shows. Good dramas, good comedies. Good non-reality TV shows. Good non-Game Shows? And they're giving us only 10 shows per season? At this point, I am seriously thinking about not watching prime time TV anymore and doing something else for those 3 hours a night, like reading a book. Or playing online poker. Or going to sleep at 8:00 PM.