Enhanced TV episode


So does TV

I was looking for something to watch on TV in primetime, during a holiday rerun week, and came across a listing for an American Pickers episode at 9 PM. I looked further and it said it was an enhanced episode and was listed as new. I then also saw a similar listing for an enhanced Pawn Stars episode at 10 PM on the same channel, which was also listed as new. I looked at the details and description for each show and realized that I had seen both of them. New? Enhanced? WTF?

Apparently, an enhanced episode means they took an old show and added some footage or something that was not in the original episode. And called the episode "new". I have tried to watch some "new" enhanced episodes of shows that I already viewed and clearly remember what happened in the original episode, now listed as a "new" enhanced episode. 

A "new" enhanced episode ain't a new episode, it's still mainly a f-ing rerun! The listing of an episode that previously aired - enhanced or not - and calling it "new" is misleading and false advertising. And, if you've already seen the episode and remember it, very disappointing. Unfortunately, the enhanced episode is becoming a TV programming trend.

Enhanced episodes, listed as new. Wrong! Please label them properly - as enhanced RERUNS!

Update:

While searching my online guide for something to watch tonight (April 2022) I came across the History Channel listing on my Spectrum TV Channel Guide for an episode of Swamp People, a show I enjoy watching. The guide labelled the show as new. Then, I noticed something strange. Very strange. The episode was 4 hours long! What? Yes, it showed one episode, new, starting at 8 PM and ending at 12:03 AM. 4 hours and 3 minutes. I have NEVER seen a Swamp People episode that long. 4 hours? One continuing episode? I was stunned. Then I looked at the Info for the show. It described 4 highlights, 4 highlights which looked familiar. Wait a minute. I have seen those 4 highlights. In 4 different episodes. I remembered watching all of the 4 episodes. Yes, I have a good memory (and do not watch reruns because I remember what happens). Whoa. The listed NEW show was 4 recent 1-hr REPEAT episodes strung together as one 4-hour "new" episode. WTF? That is NOT a f-ing new show, it's a f-ing MARATHON of 4 previous shows thrown together as one and FALSELY ADVERTISED as "new".

C'mon History Channel. C'mon Spectrum Guide. Do not allow this false advertising, this MISINFORMATION to be foisted upon viewers! 

I submitted a formal complaint to the Federal Communication Committee. Yes, I do more than just rant. I take action.

UPDATE
I got a phone call from Spectrum about it. It appears that they have now stopped this mislabeling of TV shows.